Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro is not working.Power button is not working plzz help ..I have my exams ..need my documents Please Please help.

My macbook pro is not working.Power button is not working plzz help ..I have my exams ..need my documents Please Please help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:56 AM

4 replies

May 23, 2015 9:03 AM in response to rammi22

try resetting the PMU/SMC. for this MacBook Pro which does not, I think, have a removeable battery

1. shut down computer, plug in Macsafe or USB-C power adapter to power source and to your computer

2. on built in keyboard, press (on the left side of keyboard) Shift, Control, Option keys and power button at the same time.

3. release all keys and the power button

4. press power button turn on computer.

I hope that you had a backup system in place and working, and that you did a backup. No? Hmmm....

other than that, try resetting the nvram, asking here again or taking it in

good luck to you on your exams and with your documents

John b

May 23, 2015 9:43 AM in response to rammi22

Just to confirm - you're saying you can't turn on your laptop because the power button doesn't work?

Do you have access to another Mac (and the right cable) so that you can get your files via target disk mode - however, if your laptop is already turned off this would require a working power button though...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.