Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ex-Employee Locked Company Ipad

I had an ex-employee who was given a company iPad, and put find my iPhone on the device. The employee then left the company but did not remove the device from her iCloud account. I've tried contacting her, but she hasn't responded to any of our requests for communication.

The iCloud account is under the company domain, would the simplest approach be to review the EULA that the employee agreed to by using the email service, and if allowed by our EULA, enter the ex-employee's mailbox and retrieve the iCloud information?

Or are there any other ways to get around this **** iCloud activation. I can't find the original PO that was placed for the device, but I would think Apple would have record of my companies name when the device was purchased...

iPad Mini

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:16 AM

You will not be able to unlock the iPad yourself without the Apple ID and password. Whether you can legally obtain that from the email account as you suggest (assuming you can actually access it) it a legal question which no-one here can give you and authoritative answer to.

If you take the iPad and proof of corporate purchase to Apple it's possible that they may unlock it for you. I believe they may do so in this sort of situation but I can't say for sure. If they can't, and you can't find the ID and password yourself, your only remaining options are to bin the device or to take legal action against your ex-employee for damage to company property.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 8:16 AM in response to m_davis337

You will not be able to unlock the iPad yourself without the Apple ID and password. Whether you can legally obtain that from the email account as you suggest (assuming you can actually access it) it a legal question which no-one here can give you and authoritative answer to.

If you take the iPad and proof of corporate purchase to Apple it's possible that they may unlock it for you. I believe they may do so in this sort of situation but I can't say for sure. If they can't, and you can't find the ID and password yourself, your only remaining options are to bin the device or to take legal action against your ex-employee for damage to company property.

May 23, 2015 8:36 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I'll probably take it to the Apple store, my question there would be what type of ID would they need to see to verify that I'm an authorized rep. of the organization? I'd think that Apple already has my company's name down as the purchaser, so I wouldn't think I'd need the P.O. number or reciept, just a way to verify that I'm authorized by the corporation.

Ex-Employee Locked Company Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.