Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

qwertyui key dont work. i cannot log in at all

some keys just don't work

qwertyui are the keys.

my password consist some of it.

Now I cant even log in

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:30 AM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2015 2:52 PM in response to kentfromsingapore

Had the same problem and almost got mad. Browsed internet for weeks, found dozens of solutions and non of them worked. Keys "qwertyuio" simple did not repond. I have connect the Apple bluotooth keyboard and managed to work like that for some time, but at a certain point the situation became unbearable - I decided to format and reisntal the whole OS. I backed up all my data and did what had to be done.

The first moments with the clean OS were without trouble and the keyboard worked. The fist app I have installed was Google Chrome and as I have started the first time, voila, the same problem - keys "qwertyuio" got stuck! I got suspicious and removed Chrome from my system. Instantly all returned back to normal. At this point shoud say, that I have used Chrome as my default browser before and perhaps it was enough to remove it and perhaps it was not necessary to reinstal the OS. I will never know.

With Chrome gone from my MacBook Air, I have installed Firefox and we are very happy together.

Hope it will work for you guys as well.

Cheers!

Vic

qwertyui key dont work. i cannot log in at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.