Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create Calendar Event Using Different Time Zones

Good Morning,

I fly quite often and schedule my flights in to Calendar. I see that there is time zone support, but it seems to control the whole event. What I would like to do is have the event start with a certain time zone but finish with a different one.

For instance, I leave DFW at 09:00 Central and land SAN 10:03 Pacific. It seems like I can only select one time zone that controls both times, versus central time for the departure time and Pacific for the arrival.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

mcasabar

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:43 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 7:56 AM in response to mcasabar

For instance, I leave DFW at 09:00 Central and land SAN 10:03 Pacific. It seems like I can only select one time zone that controls both times, versus central time for the departure time and Pacific for the arrival.

Any ideas?

That is not supported yet.

I simply enter the event for the flight twice - once with the timezone set to the timezone of the departure time and once with the timezone of the destination. This way the calendar will do the computation of the arrival time and show it correctly. And I can drag the arrival time of the first event entry to the correct time in the first time zone.

Then delete the second entry of the same event.

May 23, 2015 8:57 AM in response to mcasabar

When viewing both entries side-by-side, the first will show the correct departure time, but the wrong arrival time. The second will show the correct arrival time, but the wrong departure time.

I drag the ends of the first entry to match the arrival time of the second and the start of the second to match the departure time of the first. This way I will have the times showing correctly for both time zones.

User uploaded file

Create Calendar Event Using Different Time Zones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.