Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find my iTunes serial number, how do I get it so I can contact tech support?

The only way I can call tech support is if I have a serial number, and the problem is not an iPod or iPhone, it's the iTunes player on my PC. How do I find the serial number?

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:23 AM

4 replies

May 23, 2015 11:51 AM in response to Frank PerkinsChandler

Assuming the problem is with iTunes not working correctly, or installing at all, then for general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Nov 29, 2015 4:58 PM in response to turingtest2

The above did not work, and what is the point of having customer support if customers cannot access it? Itunes is randomly deleting songs off albums, and I cannot ask for support because Apple wants a serial number when Itunes does not have one. I sign in through my account - asks the same thing.

I am not going to re-purchase items I've had for years.

Tired of the runaround, and lately, Itunes seems so outdated compared to other music services now - especially when they have better customer support than a customer spending hours searching/googling online for help - it was not this bad even a few years ago.

I just want my songs/albums that I've had in Itunes still there. I don't want the Cloud, I don't want the additional bells and whistles that usually only cause problems/glitches (which as everyone who goes on these boards knows - you have itunes, you gotta install/re-install/troubleshoot often, and updates are not always good)... I just want Itunes do what it's supposed to do...play some tunes.

If there is no serial #, provide your customers with a contact # or a live chat. Even small businesses have live chat!

Quit worrying about trying to be "innovative" (and giving us "free" albums we don't ask for) without having a strong foundation first. Work on customer service.

Nov 29, 2015 6:39 PM in response to justneedtoask

justneedtoask wrote:

Itunes is randomly deleting songs off albums

First order of business see Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy. Not only should that at least backup what you have now, but it also puts you in a position to spot and replace anything else that goes missing.

If your files are no longer listed in iTunes, and your purchases are shown with cloud links then see Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

If iTunes won't open properly right now and you've not managed to find the appropriate advice from my user tip please describe your symptoms and I will attempt to help.

This is a user-to-user support forum. Apple's presence here is light, mainly running to moderation tasks and posting links to support documents. Phone support is limited to a single complimentary incident within the first 90 days of purchase or for those who have purchased Apple Care. Issues related to purchases from the iTunes Store are dealt with via web forms and emails. There is no direct support for the free iTunes application. If the way that you have used it causes you to lose data then restore your backup. If you have no backup then you really have nobody else to blame. Apple, like every other software developer and hardware manufacturer, takes no liability for your loss.

tt2

I can't find my iTunes serial number, how do I get it so I can contact tech support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.