Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

acer b286hk

I just purchased a new UHD monitor, it is an acer b286hk. I have a MacBook Pro with a thunderbolt (mini display port) display output only. The new monitor and my Macbook do not see each other when connected via mini display cable. However, when I use a mini display to HDMI adaptor the monitor works. The maximum resolution the monitor allows is 1080p via this connection however. Has anybody come across a fix for this? I'm guessing it is common to Acer as Acer told me they don't test on Macs.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:15 AM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2015 6:47 AM in response to jasonkwhitney

I have the same issue with the same monitor and a 2013 MBP.

I thought the mini display port input was faulty, but maybe not if yours is the same.

I had to connect with a thunderbolt to display port adapter cable, using the display port input on the monitor, rather than the mini display port, now works up to full 4K resolution.

HDMI to HDMI works up to full resolution but suffers from overscan.

Thunderbolt on the Mac to HDMI on the monitor is limited to 1080p and the interface is a bit clunky.

Jun 5, 2015 2:20 AM in response to tdmorg

Hi, attached is a link for the cable.

As far as I am aware DP to MiniDP (Thunderbolt) is just a pin to pin cable, there is no electronics in the cable, the cable works both ways round. I have used it to confirm the MiniDP input on the display works by connecting it to the DP output on a PC graphics card.

Hope this works for you.

Regards.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Mini-DisplayPort-to-DisplayPort-Cable-Lead-Male-to- Male-Display-Port-2-Metre-/351304475975?…

acer b286hk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.