Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can i see 2 different computer back ups on time machine?

I believe I backed up my son's mac to time machine, where can I look to see if its backed up? he no longer has that mac.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:07 AM

Locate the Time Capsule icon on the left panel of any Finder window under the Shared heading

Use the Finder to mount the Time Capsule disk on your Mac's desktop. The drive is named "Data", unless you have changed it. You may be asked for the Time Capsule device password when you do this.

Once "Data" is mounted on your desktop, go ahead and open up the drive.

You will see a special sparsebundle file for each Mac that has backed up to the Time Capsule with the name of Mac included in the name of the file

If you do not see a file with the name of the other Mac, then the other Mac was not backed up.

Double click the sparsebundle file for the Mac whose backups you want to see and that will mount another disk icon on the desktop named Time Machine Backups

Open Time Machine Backups and a normal folder named Backups.backupdb will appear.

Open that folder. You will have to drill down a number of layers to find the files that you are looking for.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 7:07 AM in response to alberto299

Locate the Time Capsule icon on the left panel of any Finder window under the Shared heading

Use the Finder to mount the Time Capsule disk on your Mac's desktop. The drive is named "Data", unless you have changed it. You may be asked for the Time Capsule device password when you do this.

Once "Data" is mounted on your desktop, go ahead and open up the drive.

You will see a special sparsebundle file for each Mac that has backed up to the Time Capsule with the name of Mac included in the name of the file

If you do not see a file with the name of the other Mac, then the other Mac was not backed up.

Double click the sparsebundle file for the Mac whose backups you want to see and that will mount another disk icon on the desktop named Time Machine Backups

Open Time Machine Backups and a normal folder named Backups.backupdb will appear.

Open that folder. You will have to drill down a number of layers to find the files that you are looking for.

where can i see 2 different computer back ups on time machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.