Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Mouse genuineness

Hello I would like to buy apple magic mouse,

In my country we don't have an official app store: I am living in Belarus(Eastern Europe).

However there are some shops that offer apple's products.

I would like to know how it is possible to check that my purchase is not a fraud one, or used mouse.

I know that in case of iPhones, there are some web -sites where you can check a cell phone, by entering IMEI.

In case of mouse, I think that communication via Bluetooth is no so easy to mimic, but it doesn't mean that mouse is not a used one.

Especially if it is in a good conditions.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:44 AM

3 replies

May 25, 2015 2:26 AM in response to siarhei.yakushevich

You can find the serial number for a Magic mouse by removing the battery cover and the batteries ... and underneath the point where the batteries lie, you should find the number. But while you can check if it is genuine via Apple (no-where else), you are unlikely to be able to do that in the shop. If you can be sure you will get your money back if it turns out to be a fake it might be worth buying, especially if it is a store you have previously bought from.

Apple Magic Mouse genuineness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.