Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete photos permanently

I have deleted all my photos in my camera roll, and most of my photos in 'moments'. The remaining photos in 'moments' can batch selected, but cannot be deleted - the bin does not light up when i select the photos. According to 'usage' I still have 5000+ photos on my phone.

I am trying to clear the photos to make space for my phone. However, the phone is somehow storing deleted phones in folders that i cannot access, and are hogging up all my space.

Using 6+ iOS8.2. How can I permanently all my photos? Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:58 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 10:42 AM in response to Le Tian

Ddeleted images are stored for 30 days in a Recently Deleted album, visible when you're in the Albums view in Photos. To completely delete the, select the Trash them again from this album.

Before you do that, however, may I suggest you should connect your iPhone to your computer and import all your images to whatever photo application you use? Otherwise, they will be gone forever.

May 23, 2015 7:59 PM in response to Rysz

I have done that. All recently deleted photos were deleted. All my photos in camera roll were deleted. Right now, I only have 400+ in Moments which I cannot delete after selecting them. However, photos is still taking up 27gb. I think the photos cached somewhere in some inaccessible folders. Before I deleted the recently deleted folder, the photos were actually taking up so much space that there is only 100mb left, and that why I was on a mission to clear all photos.

Camera roll - 0 photos

Recently deleted - 0 photos

Moments - 400+ (cannot be deleted)

Meter on Itunes - 12000+ photos, 27gbs.

delete photos permanently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.