Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

repair alias in pdf exported to external site

I'm a long-time user (three years plus) beyond Apple Support on a Mac 10.10.3 who is still learning (I'm holding out for the all-expenses-paid two-week intensive boot camp at Apple headquarters) but here's my problem:

I'm publishing a large quantity of content (1,500+ pages) externally and to an off-site wholly-owned, operated by Blue Host web site set up with WordPress as a blog. I have taken my content and exported it in Pages to the highest-quality PDF and then posted it to this web page. But it can't be read by the end-user and shows up as an amorphous grey block.

Near as I can tell, it's because the aliases are broken. What this means to me is that the chain that all the software reads working together can't be followed back to the original. Am I correct in that assumption? I'm trying to figure out how to go back and find the aliases, repair them, or re-create a new and functional set.

Is there an available explanation, primer, instruction?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:00 AM

1 reply

May 27, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Mssr. Jouet

After a little research online in which I found that my questionhere was a leading example (without answers), I did some reading of another explanation and did some exploration of my own documents and filing systems and realized the nature of the problem: the files I was wishing to be readable having uploaded them to another site couldn't be read because the original was in "burn folder" that had been created to burn them to disc or DVD.

So the answer in a nutshell is this: Always use the best, freshest, most original source and keep it (and its buddies) in a special file. Avoid creating copies and using copies of copies.

repair alias in pdf exported to external site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.