Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Created new libraries - where are they

We have 3 iphones that I have created new libraries for because I do not want everything shared between them.

When I want to sync each with iTunes, I shift and click to choose a library but it does not give me a list of the three which is what I thought it would do. Instead it shows one (the last one I synced I think) with the file location on top then album artwork, itunes media, itunes library. I do not know what to click on to get iTunes to open with that library.

What do I do to open the various libraries please?

Windows 7, 64bit

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:05 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 10:55 AM in response to megabytes

The libraries are wherever you made them. After shift-starting iTunes use the folder browsing tools to navigate to the correct folder, then open the iTunes Library.itl file inside it.

A workaround would be to create shortcuts to each of the three different iTunes Library.itl files, e.g. iTunes Library A.lnk, iTunes Library B.lnk & iTunes Library C.lnk, (where A,B, & C could be the name of the owner of each device) and copy these shortcuts into each of the library folders. Note that you must still use the shift-start iTunes method to switch between them, otherwise iTunes simply opens the most recently opened library, but it would save you from having to recall how to navigate between the three folders.

tt2

Created new libraries - where are they

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.