Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted all the music on my phone from my iTunes and its no longer in my music app on my phone, but the memory is still being taken up for it on my phone.

I went to add more music to my phone from my laptop, it added all the songs. But when I checked my phone it says "no content" in the music app. However, there is still no memory on my phone to add my music back. And on my iTunes in the phone summary it now says 16GB of "other" data. This approximate 16GB used to be my music, and now it is gone from my phone but the memory is still being taken up. What do I do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:45 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 5:05 PM in response to svg5444

Ssometimes doing the sync a few times in a row will finally clear the music from memory.

Yyou can also Restore your iPhone via iTunes backup. This clears all unnecessary stuff from the Other category. Just make sure you have Encryotion on when you make the backup to your computer via iTunes.

I deleted all the music on my phone from my iTunes and its no longer in my music app on my phone, but the memory is still being taken up for it on my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.