Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad 4 keeps rebooting every few minutes then goes black after IOS 8 upload

My Ipad 4 keeps rebooting every few minutes then goes black after IOS 8 upload. I have brought it to the wizards at Orchard 3 times already ... we have wiped clean and restored all 3 times, only to have this little bug resurface again.... Now my screen has gone completely black and when I plug the Ipad into the computer to wipe clean and restore for the 4th time it gives me the error code 4014. Wizards tell me I need a new Ipad at the glorious cost of $299 .... Anyone out there have any other suggestions?... It appears this bug is striking several Ipads including the newer versions.

iPad, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:05 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 11:38 AM in response to clafayette

This "bug" could be striking several iPads. Given that millions and millions of the devices have been sold "several" would seem to fall into the normally expected number of devices that wil have problems.

This is the Apple Support article that deals with specific error codes and your in particular.

iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014 - Apple Support

If none of the suggestions work, contact Apple as it states at the end of the article.

My Ipad 4 keeps rebooting every few minutes then goes black after IOS 8 upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.