Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The buttons on the left side of my 7th generation Nano suddenly don't work.

While using my Nano today, the volume started automatically increasing to full volume. I tried using the controls on the left side to lower the volume without success. I could lower the volume by sliding my finger on the screen volume control, but it would again automatically increase the volume to full.

I also discovered the left side control no longer works to decrease/increase the volume, pause and/or change the song.

I have followed Apple's directions to reset my Nano, but the problem still exists.

Can anyone offer any help for this problem? Thank you!

iPod nano

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:57 AM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 12:13 PM in response to deggie

I connected it to my computer, went into iTunes and ran diagnostics.

A message came up saying "An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the iPod, then try again.

If the problem persists, uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again."

I disconnected and reconnected a few times, but it still wouldn't identify my iPod.

I then disconnected the iPod from my computer, and for whatever reason, the controls on the left side are now working again!

Thank you for your assistance, deggie!

The buttons on the left side of my 7th generation Nano suddenly don't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.