Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find the password for this repeated prompt: Enter AirPlay password for "Apple TV". I have looked in keychain access and entered a variety of possible passwords but cannot resolve the problem. Any ideas?

For a couple of months I get the following question when running my Mac Mini (late 2014).

The automatic password request appears on the display as follows: Enter AirPlay password for "Apple TV".

I have looked in keychain access and entered a variety of possible passwords but cannot resolve the problem. I have tried my iCloud password, my Mac login password, internet/wifi details and various 'names' i.e.: My forename and surname or *****@icloud.com, or home wifi key and password. Nothing appears within my keychain database. I do not have this problem or request when using my MacBook Pro (early 2013)

Any help would be very much appreciated,. Thank you very much.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Late 2014

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:05 PM

I believe you have a password set on the Apple TV itself. It is probably in the MacBook Pro keychain correctly but not the Mini.

Here's a link to help with the AirPlay settings on the Apple TV. Scroll down to the security section.

2 replies

I cannot find the password for this repeated prompt: Enter AirPlay password for "Apple TV". I have looked in keychain access and entered a variety of possible passwords but cannot resolve the problem. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.