Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhoto won't work!! :(

Hi to All,

Since I have get my self a new Macbook Pro I am most of the time happy about my new laptop but there are some issue that already make a problem with use this genial machine...

1. I had a problem with a maps app. but fortunately is working again.

but the one I would like to share with you gust is a IPHOTO app. it says that it is not compatible with a new OX Yosemite ...!! 😢so fro this reason will not work

I think it is quiet useful app. and I would love to be able to use it ....😍

Do any of you have similar problem ??? please send some advise.🙂

Thank you for your answer in advance.

P.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iPhoto, problem

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:31 AM

10 replies

May 23, 2015 11:45 AM in response to pawelito34

Update it.

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

May 25, 2015 10:07 AM in response to Yer_Man

I Think I do not need read it twice 😉 I got it..., but in mean time I have learn that new MacBook pro with OS Yosemite apparently have replaced iPhoto with application PHOTOS so i do not need to download anything...

but hey, thanks for comment on my post I appreciate it.

Dear Terence maybe you can help with MAPS application that again has stopped working maybe tomorrow will have it again.... but as we pay decent amount of money for great MacBook ... I would real like that all my installed apps. will work properly

cheers

P.

May 25, 2015 12:03 PM in response to pawelito34

I wrote:

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

you wrote that you did not do that, that's why I suggested you re-read it. And you do need to download iPhoto if you want to use it. If you don't, by all means use whatever app you want. But you get best help in the correct forum - ditto with your Maps query. Another tip: good questions get good answes. Simply saying that it has "stopped working" means only more questions. You need to fully describe the problem.

May 25, 2015 1:04 PM in response to pawelito34

Quit the application.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.Maps.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart, open the application and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

My iPhoto won't work!! :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.