Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Albums from Photos?

Hey! I am using Final Cut Pro X (version 10.2.1) and I have upgraded to OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)! I cannot find my organized albums when I am in Final Cut editor like I used to in iPhotos! I see quite a few folders of pictures but when I organize pics in Photos I do not see them in Final Cut!

Any suggestions (besides going back to the former OS and iPhoto!

Joe

I am using a late 2012 iMac (3.4 GHz intel Core i7 / 24 GB ram/ NVIIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 Graphics card

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 27 in i7 chip

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:19 AM

9 replies

May 23, 2015 11:06 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hey, Tom!

That is a good idea , however at the moment I am getting the spinning rainbow of death (and when I force quit) it says Final Cut not responding! I think I might dump a ton of photos (they are backed up , of course) ! at the moment I have about 20,000 photos ! I do not think that is the problem , though! It was fine using iPhotos !

I see by your screen shot it should work , though! I will try to get rid of the spinning rainbow! And show you a screen shot!

Joe

Jun 4, 2015 6:59 AM in response to Joe Mcgarry

Hi guys,

I have been using Final Cut Pro X for a few years...My issue has come up now that I have changed from iPhoto to Photos...I have a 27" iMac 2010 and I added an SSD drive about 1 1/2 years ago. I reformatted the original hard drive and kept it for storage because my SSD is only 240 GB. This is where my Photos file is located...FCP will only look for the Photos is the default location. Is there a way to change this? I open up Photos and this still doesn't do anything. (I can't even drag pics from Photos to FCP)

Thanks for any help!

Importing Albums from Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.