Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i watch movies from sdcard on iPad 4

In the next couple of months we are going to be going on a long family vacation covering approx 6000 miles to see friends and family all over the USA. I have an iPad 4 64gb i was wondering if i can put movies onto an sdcard and have the kids watch the movies from there instead of syncing the movies onto the iPad (it's currently full and i would need to do a major app cull to make space) Having the ability to access the movies through an sdcard on the camera connection kit would be a huge advantage rather than spend the $100's for an in car sear dvd player.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:38 AM

1 reply

May 23, 2015 10:45 AM in response to LenDove

you cannot do that directly through the Camera connection KIT, as the iPad cannot really read the SD card file system directly, and much less play movie files directly from it.

There may be 3rd party Apps in the app store to let you do this however.

Alternatively, you can try one of these devices with its accompanying App

http://www.kingston.com/en/wireless/wireless_readers

Note that iTunes movies are DRM protected and will not be able to be played outside of the Videos App on the iPad which will not be able to access the SD card in any way.,

Can i watch movies from sdcard on iPad 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.