Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD unrecognized

When I insert an audio CD it is not shown on the desktop nor in iTunes until I do a restart.

OS X Yosemite

version 10.10.3

iMac (20-inch, mid 2007)

Processor 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 3GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:02 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2015 12:06 PM in response to milus38

Hey there Milus38,

It sounds like you need to restart your computer to get it to see your audio cds. I would start by resetting your PRAM:

OS X Yosemite: Reset your computer’s PRAM

Resetting PRAM may change some system settings and preferences. Use System Preferences to restore your settings.

Important: To print these instructions, click the Share button User uploaded file in the Help window, then choose Print.
  1. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

3. Turn on your Mac.

4. Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

5. Release the keys.

After resetting your computer’s PRAM, you may need to update your speaker volume, display resolution, and startup disk preferences. For more information about PRAM, see the Apple Support article About NVRAM and PRAM.

If it persists then boot to Safe Mode, restart and test the issue again.

OS X Yosemite: Start up in safe mode

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

CD unrecognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.