Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use my phone number instead of iCloud Beta email on iMessage?

I recently switched to iCloud Beta because I was having trouble removing photos off my phone. It used to be as simple as clicking the "remove old photos from iPhone" button once transferred to the computer but that's not the case anymore. But that's a whole separate issue from the one I'm currently experiencing. When I switched to iCloud Beta, it messed with all sorts of my usual settings. My main issue is with iMessage. I was going along just fine, sending and receiving messages on my Mac from iPhone and non-iPhone users. Now, it's saying it's coming from my iCloud account rather than my phone number. When I try to do the whole "text message forwarding" thing, my phone number doesn't exist in the Messages > Preferences > Accounts > iMessage. I am confused. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? I just want to go back to the way things were! Thanks for reading 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 11:02 AM

4 replies

How do I use my phone number instead of iCloud Beta email on iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.