Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad has been disabled

I am desperate for help!

My ipad has been disabled and has not been used for a while despite following all the instructions.

The most I have tried was the recovery mode but I kept getting the same dialogue box from Itunes

saying unable to connect the device as is locked with a passcode. I have tried repeating the steps but

Itunes could not detect my device at all.

Please help.

THanks so much.

mlee

iPad Mini

Posted on May 23, 2015 11:49 AM

2 replies

May 25, 2015 11:49 AM in response to mary janefromsunderland

Good day Mary Jane,

If you are having an issue with being unable to use your iPad because of a passcode issue, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

About iOS passcodes - Apple Support

Start in the section titled Forget your passcode?

If iTunes does not detect your iPad you may need to use the steps in one of these articles to correct that issue -

Mac - If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

Windows - iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing,

Brett L

May 26, 2015 2:44 AM in response to Brett L

Good day Brett L!

First, thank you so much for the time on this space...:))

I managed to restore and update this iPad...and I was excited...but then when it was restored I was asked then to activate it using

the Apple Id and password I have used first time. Now, it is my dilemma as I can't remember at all.

I have another iPad which maybe I have mixed all this Id's altogether.

Now, I am reading all from support just to try to trouble shoot this once again but I am confuse on what and how...

Think I'm getting nowhere..:(((

I might just to Apple service.

I don't want to burden you...but If you have any suggestions...I will much appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Mj

my ipad has been disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.