Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot restore backup from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6

So i had an iPhone 5 and just bought a used iphone 6. I created i backup from my old iphone 5 on my hard disk (note: the iphone 5 was in iOS version 8.2 at the time of the backup) and proceeded to restore the backup to my new iPhone 6 (note: iphone 6 is in iOS version 8.3). Whenever i try to restore from the backup in itunes i get this message: "Itunes could not restore the iphone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iphone that is beeing restored". I dont care about photos and such the only thing i care about are my contacts and im pretty screwed right now because my contact list is empty. And no i dont use iCloud. Any ideas??

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:30 PM

You could try using a 3rd party program to attempt extracting data from that backup. As far as I know there's nothing you can do to make that backup usable in iTunes again.

1 reply

Cannot restore backup from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.