Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update drivers for AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB in my Mac Pro?

I'm having problems with images in Photoshop not redrawing completely. Large black or white blocks are appearing in images onscreen. Zooming in or out on the images will cause them to go away, but if I go back to the same zoom level where I saw them, they come back. Quitting & restarting Photoshop fixes the problem, but after working on 4 or 5 images, the problems returns. I have 3 displays connected and it happens on all of them the same way.

Adobe has suggested the graphics card may need to have software updated, but I can't figure out how to do that. The web site for the card isn't clear as to which driver is right for my system, so haven't wanted to mess with that. Anyone know how to get the correct driver or what the problem may be if it's not the AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB? I'm using Photoshop CC (2014.2.2) on Mac Pro (late 2013, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5) running OS 10.10.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 1:57 PM

3 replies

May 24, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

And the drivers and support for Adobe on Apple's end are not free of blame. Nividia works with Adobe, hence the older Classic Mac Pro models are considered more suitable where you can use Nvidia web drivers and newer current GTX 970 or 980 if not Titan or 780 series model.

Apple graphic driver problems or being "weaker" is legendary. And issues with Adobe, consider the problem with 10.6.4 and ATI 4870's.

You could of course try runnng Windows 8.1 natively on the nMP and see just how much better that works.

How do I update drivers for AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB in my Mac Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.