Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I keep seeing this message after I partition my disk for Windows 7 and reboot to continue to the installation? " No bootable device found - - please insert a bootable device and press any key to continue "

First, I read the article in the Boot Camp Support area and gathered the materials necessary for the installation.

Second, I watched several videos on how to install Windows 7, using boot camp assistant, (specifically for MacBook Pro 13 inch 2012 model)

Lastly, I followed each step necessary for completing the installation; I purchased a windows 7 professional 64-bit SP 1 software pack from an online store, then I downloaded the .ISO file that came with the purchase. Then I opened up Boot Camp Assistant and did the following; I installed the .ISO file on a USB so I could use this to install windows 7 in future steps, I downloaded the 5.1.2 Boot Camp Support software from this website, then I partitioned my disk. After that, I rebooted my computer and then the BSOD appeared.

I have Mavericks and my software is up to date. I do not understand what the issue is, may someone assist me? I would greatly appreciate it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 23, 2015 12:42 PM

50 replies

May 23, 2015 1:25 PM in response to ArchiProductions

ArchiProductions wrote:

Then I opened up Boot Camp Assistant and did the following; I installed the .ISO file on a USB so I could use this to install windows 7 in future steps, I downloaded the 5.1.2 Boot Camp Support software from this website, then I partitioned my disk. After that, I rebooted my computer and then the BSOD appeared.

You do not download BC drivers manually, BCA does it for you. If you download the incorrect version, it will cause problems.

System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support is the matrix for manually downloading the drivers, if necessary.

Did BCA prompt you for the ISO location or did you manually copy the ISO to the USB? Is the USB a USB2 device? Partitioning is done by BCA using the 'slider' screen, not manually.

If any of these needed manual intervention, such intervention can cause problems.

How to install Windows using Boot Camp - Apple Support is the authoritative guide for Windows installation. If you need additional information, it is available at https://help.apple.com/bootcamp/mac/5.0/help/#/bcmp173b3bf2 .

May 23, 2015 3:26 PM in response to Loner T

BCA is still crashing when I try to download the Boot Camp Software. I did manage to re create the .ISO image on my USB for later use. I still remain with an unsuccessful BC Software download. Is there an alternative that is safe? Should I just go ahead and locate the latest software update for Boot Camp Software and download it manually?

Why do I keep seeing this message after I partition my disk for Windows 7 and reboot to continue to the installation? " No bootable device found - - please insert a bootable device and press any key to continue "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.