Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro doesn't reproduce sound in VLC using the bluetooth speaker

I've just bought a bluetooth speaker (Delux, Model: DLS-X55BU) and managed to pair it to the laptop and it reproduced the sound, however it only does it in iTunes, QuickTime and so on, but it does not reproduce it in VLC, why?? When playing anything in VLC the sound is played from the built-in speakers, but the same file reproduces perfectly in the bluetooth speaker using QuickTime. And if I reproduce in both programs at the same time: QuickTime gives sound to the bluetooth speaker and VLC to the built-in speaker simultaneously!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 13-inch

Posted on May 23, 2015 2:50 PM

5 replies

May 23, 2015 7:08 PM in response to Josue.

Weird, eh?

.go to the Apple, then system preferences, then sound and set that as well. (I think it's output). If you have paired your bluetooth speaker successfully, then just click connect. if you hold down the alt key on your keyboard, to the left of the space bar, and click on the speaker icon, you will see a list of all audio inputs and outputs available to you. after you have configured the sound , quit VLC and restart it to get it recognizing the new change, it may work now (I hope) . You may also have to mess around with Audio MIDI if it doesn't change. anyways, after you have changeed the sound, quit and restart VLC, it should work better. you can't just change it while it's playing. You have to stop it, change it, quit it and restart it....or so I've heard (might be wrong though)

well, I tried

JB

May 24, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Josue.

yeah, I can understand your frustration Josue. You think "well, it's Mac, right, it should just work with this bluetooth speaker no problem". Not always so

anyways, here's Apple's instructions on that* if you post on the videolanclient forum you may get an answer.

OS X Yosemite: Set up Bluetooth audio devices

apart from resetting the SMC which you did already, I have nothing more to say.

go to www.deluxworld.com (your speaker's maker) and email them. Maybe they can help you where I could not

My MacBook Pro doesn't reproduce sound in VLC using the bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.