Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Device not recognized - Ipod Touch

This is driving me INSANE! All started with Itunes 12 – everything was working fine before… Why mess with a perfectly good app?

Have tried ALL suggested/recommended “fixes”:

• Uninstalled/reinstalled Itunes several times on two different PCS; one running Windows 7 the other 8. Even tried installing on new/clean laptop!
  • Tried resetting Ipod Touch/rebooting
  • Tried new cable
  • Finally reset unit to factory default!!!

All to no avail!! Genius Bar was unable to provide any useful answers.

Why is Apple completely indifferent to the hundreds (if not thousands) of consumers dealing with this issue?

I miss Jobs.

iPod touch, Windows 8, Tried Windows 7 too

Posted on May 23, 2015 2:32 PM

4 replies

May 24, 2015 2:33 AM in response to {nexussix}

Did it connect to iTunes on one of the Apple computers at their store using your cable?

If not then

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

May 26, 2015 11:46 AM in response to lllaass

I had uninstalled Itunes using Revo Uninstaller and Byetunes - then manually removed any remnants from programs and registry - after reinstalling, still no joy! Finally got a connection using ancient Dell laptop from 1995; went out and bought two brand new cables (one I was using was only few weeks old): one from Apple Store did not work, the one I bought at Staples did...no rhyme or reason to any of this - just happy to be able to listen to music again!

Thanks everyone!

USB Device not recognized - Ipod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.