Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad not reponding

My iPad is acting crazy! It shows i am connected to the internet but will not load anything. It will not take my password to sign into iCloud or iTunes but I can on my Macbook and phone. I decided to try to reset the entire thing but it will not let me do that either. What am I to do at this point?

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:53 PM

4 replies

May 23, 2015 6:18 PM in response to Demo

I have done that and it will reboot and look fine but still not work. It keeps saying it cannot connect to iCloud and tells me i have entered the wrong password but i have not. It is like it has stopped responding to anything I try to make it do. I logged onto iCloud on my Macbook and went to find my iPhone and it says it is offline but i am showing perfect signal on the iPad and my find my iPhone is turned on as well.

May 23, 2015 6:39 PM in response to dcpelzel

Seeing full bars on the WiFi fan really only means that your iPad sees a WiFi network. It doesn't necessarily mean that you are connected to the Internet. You might be seeing evidence of that by the fact that Find My iPad is showing the device as being offline.

See if it responds to being plugged in to the wall socket for recharging. If it does, let it charge for a few hours or let it charge overnight. Then try the forced restart again in the.morning. If that fails, you may need to try to restore the device.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

May 23, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Demo

It is showing connection to my network and has been charging well. I don't use it that much and it stays hooked up to the charger almost 24/7. Could that have somehow damaged it? I also have a weird thing that happened: I went to use it after not having touched the thing for at least a month and had problems with slow connection so i went to the wifi settings and it wasn't connected to my router it was connected to someone else's that I do not know and do not have the passcode for! And it was passcode protected. Do not even know who in my neighborhood it could belong to! It has not worked right ever since i took it off that network. I am confused!!!!

ipad not reponding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.