Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTimimg Internationally

How do I FaceTime somebody if I live in the UK but she lives in the USA? I use an email address but she uses her mob. number and it says we aren't available for FaceTime when we both try?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 23, 2015 2:53 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 5:56 PM in response to _chelseaxo

Like sberman said, you need to include country code for all phone numbers outside your own phone number (or country). For example, a US number should start with +1 and continued with the (area code)-xxx -xxxx. Your other contacts which are probably mostly UK numbers do not need the +44 in the beginning because I guess the iPhone detects this with your own number and you wouldn't need one for all of them since you are assumed to be living in the UK. Also, make sure you guys do not have Do Not Disturb turned on. To check, see if there's a moon icon on top of your status bar next to the battery percentage indicator. If yes, turn it off by sliding from the bottom to access Control Center and turning off the moon icon (this is for convenience but you may also turn it off through Settings).

Hope it helps!

FaceTimimg Internationally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.