Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Early 2008)+M9267g=Compatible?

Good day, I have a Macbook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 15" (Early 2008) MB133LL/A with a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with 256 MB.

I need to output my signal to an overhead projector with either a S-Video or RCA input. After searching for the connector I found 2 models, M9267g & M9267g/a. In this site the person is selling one but the label states "for Mac Mini & Powe Mac G5". Can someone please help me figure this out or direct me to a helpful link. My apologies ahead of time if I posted this in the incorrect section. Thanks. By the way, running on 10.10.3.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-White-M9267G-A-Mac-Mini-Power-MAC-G5-DVI-to-Video- Adapter-New-Sealed-/291465999434?pt=LH_D…

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:02 PM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 7:52 PM in response to EddyWebs

S-Video or RCA? The projector is older than the computer! You sure it doesn't support DVI or HDMI? One thing you should know about your computer is that while it won't send audio over video, it at minimum can connect via DVI to any digital based projector When dealing with S-Video or RCA you are looking at no better than standard definition TV video. And no I wouldn't buy that item on eBay. At S-Video or RCA, even getting the Dock on the display will be hard. If all you are showing is slides that's one thing, but you are limited to 720 x 480 resolution unless at very minimum has VGA. Even then, that's analog, and limited to 1024x 768. Far better would be to have a DVI or HDMI based projector. If you told us your projector make or model, we can verify what is needed.

May 25, 2015 2:35 AM in response to a brody

Thanks for your response a brody. So you could have an idea, let me provide more details. I work as a DJ at a bar and i'm trying to play music videos on 2 projectors and 3 TV's that are all connected to a board which has RCA and S-Video inputs. My idea was to connect to this board using the RCA outputs on this adapter (M9267g) and as for my audio, that would be connected from a DJ software controller straight to the mixer at the DJ booth. I was hoping to put this together as a second display type set up. Most of my videos are in fact 1080, and now i'm thinking that I might end up converting these to fit the right screen. Let's say for instance that I could get the owner to switch to a better signal board, plus all cables that include HDMI. How can I go about sending my DVI signal to HDMI? I try looking for an adapter but I guess Apple never made one. Would I have to switch video cards on my Mac book Pro, is that even possible? One more detail, this signal board is about 40' away from the DJ booth. I think I read somewhere I could route my HDMI signal through Ethernet wire, would that work? Thanks a great deal for your time and the useful info.

MacBook Pro (Early 2008)+M9267g=Compatible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.