Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 2G in Recovery Mode not recognized by any computer

A few days ago, my friend gave me his old iPod touch 2G, most likely because it was in recovery mode. Anyway, it shows the iTunes logo with the cord pointing towards it, along with the battery status in the top right corner. When I plug it into any of my computers with iTunes, 3 in total, it will do nothing but charge. It will make the sound when you plug it in, along with the charging symbol over the battery status bar. It does not show up in the device manager, not even as an unknown device. I've put in in DFU mode, charged it, and just about every single thing I could find on google. iTunes won't recognize it, so i cannot restore it. As of now, it is a paperweight. Are there any ways I can install the driver manually? Is there something I'm looking over? Help, please.

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.1, Windows 7 & 8 computers

Posted on May 23, 2015 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 2:54 AM

- Try letting the battery fully drain and charge and see if yo can restore via iTunes.

Try DFU mode if necessary

- Try another cable. Different contacts/conductors are used for charging and data

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. The appointment is free.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 2:54 AM in response to Andrew Rhea

- Try letting the battery fully drain and charge and see if yo can restore via iTunes.

Try DFU mode if necessary

- Try another cable. Different contacts/conductors are used for charging and data

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. The appointment is free.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 2G in Recovery Mode not recognized by any computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.