Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change country without changing credit card info

Dear,

I live in China but like to use the Dutch iTunes store, since I'm Dutch (from the Netherlands). However when I change my country, it automatically adds the new country to my credit card info as if my credit card is also linked to this new / other country, which is a wrong assumption. How to solve this??

Marc

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 23, 2015 3:40 PM

7 replies

May 24, 2015 11:21 AM in response to moosterh

moosterh wrote:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your prompt answer. The problem is that the card is issued in the Netherlands, but the address it is now linked to (for security reasons) is my address in China. If it now links to China, my payments will not be accepted, I suppose. Is that correct?

Marc

Its not that the payments will not be accepted, its that when you change countries the Address form will have different fields for a Dutch address, than a Chinese address. So it will not be able to properly validate the CC info when it tries if all the required fields aren't there, because of differences between a Chinese Address and a Dutch one.

You will need to work this out with your Dutch Bank. And as Chris CA points out you are technically and legally required to be in the country of the store you are using, however...

Aug 5, 2016 8:29 AM in response to dandush67

dandush67 wrote:

hi what can i do if im without credit card?

In regards to what?

You would be best served by creating your own post, instead of tacking onto one that is over a year old with no activity.

When creating your post, please explain in as much detail as possible what problem you are having.

Whether you already have an Apple ID, or are just starting out and going to create one etc...

change country without changing credit card info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.