Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I open all of my 10.6 Apps if I Dual Boot with a later version

I'm using a 2008 Mac Pro Intel Tower. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I'm keeping that because of a lot of software I have doesn't work with later versions of the MAC OS and is too expensive to upgrade or has changed so much I don't want the upgrades (Final Cut Pro, File Maker Pro, Quickbooks etc).

I have 5 internal drives (if you include SSD PCI) all with plenty of space on them.

I know I can set up my computer with a dual boot on one of those drives. My question is if the other MAC OS will have access to all of my software (Excluding the non-compatible stuff).

For example I have photoshop CS5 and MOTU Digital Performer which are supported by 10.6 but the MOTU software has some plug ins that only run with 10.7 or later. If I installed 10.7 as a dual boot, would I be able to open Digital Performer?

I'm sure this answer is out there but I was not able to find it. Probably the way I worded my search.

thanks

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 5 internal drives 18gb ram

Posted on May 23, 2015 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:04 PM

It depends on the application. If it installs system components, those will need to be added to the Lion system. If not and the program is compatible with Lion, yes.

(127782)

2 replies

Can I open all of my 10.6 Apps if I Dual Boot with a later version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.