Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to download from my sony handycam hard disk drive but nothing happens

I'm trying to download a video off of my sony handycam hard drive disk but the computer doesn't do anything?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 23, 2015 2:51 PM

4 replies

May 26, 2015 3:07 AM in response to Klaus1

I'm guess im using a standard cable, it fits my canon camera also. When I plug the sony video in it asks if I want to import the 12 photos which really are videos, when I say yes it prepares to import but then ends up saying unreadable files. If I drag these unreadable files to my homepage and then click on the 12 individual clip numbers I can watch the video but can't move them to videos to iphoto or imovie. My canon camera/video goes right to my iphoto with video or pictures. I will go to our only computer repair store ( the next one is 30 miles ) and ask them for a firewire. I've also asked students at St Lawrence University if anyone could help me, but no takers yet, hopefully I can get a summer student.

I'm trying to download from my sony handycam hard disk drive but nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.