Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import clips to computer & not off camera

I am midway through completing an iMovie 10 video and would like to save it for now without exporting it yet as a file. However, because the clips I'm using have apparently been imported straight off my camera and not first saved to my hard drive as I thought - "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera" is the error I get - the clips become erroneous as soon as I eject the card and my entire project is erased...

How can I go about newly importing the clips to my computer while keeping my editing work and not causing my project to go corrupt?

Your help is much appreciated!!! 🙂

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on May 23, 2015 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 8:23 AM

jonica19 wrote:... How can I go about newly importing the clips to my computer while keeping my editing work and not causing my project to go corrupt?...

Follow theiMovie (2013): Importing overview instructions for importing from the kind of camera you use.

Once you have imported the parts of clips you want to edit, iMovie saves them. iMovie then automatically saves the subsequent editing changes you make.

If you need more iMovie help than you can get from searching your Mac's iMovie > Help menu command window, see the iMovie web-based help.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.3

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2015 8:23 AM in response to jonica19

jonica19 wrote:... How can I go about newly importing the clips to my computer while keeping my editing work and not causing my project to go corrupt?...

Follow theiMovie (2013): Importing overview instructions for importing from the kind of camera you use.

Once you have imported the parts of clips you want to edit, iMovie saves them. iMovie then automatically saves the subsequent editing changes you make.

If you need more iMovie help than you can get from searching your Mac's iMovie > Help menu command window, see the iMovie web-based help.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.3

How to import clips to computer & not off camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.