Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advanced Tools in iMovie 10.0.8 - Keywords

This is really frustrating , but I can't see how to access the advanced tool bar in iMovies 10.0.8 - I want to add keywords and tags to individual events so I can sort them - but I can't see where to turn on the advanced tool bar

Help.

Thanks.

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2015 2:18 AM

There is no advanced toolbar in iMovie 10. No keywords. Clips can be sorted by name, date, duration and those you have tagged as rejected or favourites.

Geoff.

7 replies

May 24, 2015 2:56 AM in response to howard46

If you had iMovie 9 it should still be in your applications folder within a folder of its own ad you can still use it. If not you would have to purchase an iLife '11 DVD from Amazon. (Its worth also considering Final Cut Pro - you can download and evaluate it free for one month and of course it has all the features you mention and more.)

May 24, 2015 1:16 PM in response to howard46

I was afraid you would say that - quite few people have reported it doesn't launch but I have not heard of a solution. (In fact my iMovie 9 doesn't launch under Yosemite but does if I boot into Snow Leopard. In Yosemite it just bounces in the dock for about a minute then gives up. Console indicates a hang - but I haven't investigated why since I don't use it any more. ). On the other hand many people are using it successfully under Yosemite.

I can't really help much here. Anyone else got some ideas?

Geoff.

Advanced Tools in iMovie 10.0.8 - Keywords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.