Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Iphone

Few days ago, I was stolen my iPhone 5S on Rio (Brazil) ; I went for the authorities, and declared the theft, blocked my equipment, putted on lost mode, and turned on the warning message saying that the phone was stolen, putting my mom's number on the screen, and came back to my city (São Paulo). Only after a week the thief turned on my cell, warning me about it: Me and my mom, both, have received an email (and a message) from apple, saying that my IPhone was found, and that I should access Found My Apple site, and go to an assistance to understand how I can have it back.

So, I accessed the site, logged in, and my iPhone wan't there any more... So I went to the setting page on my ICloud account, and it was on the list of devices, but not on the map.

What does that mean? What should I do? And how should I proceed? Does that mean that, as the iPhone is under warranty, Apple will be giving - or selling (at a lower price) - me another one?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:20 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 9:43 PM in response to Luiza Andreazzoli

Luiza Andreazzoli wrote:

Does that mean that, as the iPhone is under warranty, Apple will be giving - or selling (at a lower price) - me another one?

Absolutely not!!

Here is the warranty:

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

Apple definitely does not warranty their products against loss or theft.

Luiza Andreazzoli wrote:

Only after a week the thief turned on my cell, warning me about it: Me and my mom, both, have received an email (and a message) from apple, saying that my IPhone was found, and that I should access Found My Apple site, and go to an assistance to understand how I can have it back.

This sounds like a scam that the thief caused.

Only deal with the Find My iPhone site. Apple will not get involved, and they will not ask you to "go to an assistance ...".

May 23, 2015 11:17 PM in response to Luiza Andreazzoli

The email was not from Apple. The thief is attempting to scam you to remove it from Find my Phone or to trick you into revealing your AppleID password (you probably did already give them the password by logging into a fake site) Do NOT remove it from find my Phone. If you have not done so already, change your Apple ID password ASAP.

And, pray you, what warranty in the world replaces your device once it is stolen? Does your car dealer replace your stolen car just because it is under warranty? You are thinking about insurance, not warranty.

Stolen Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.