Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the next step in Disk Utility?

I have a desktop using OSX... something. I'm sorry. I haven't paid attention to that in a long time and I'm not confident that I know the answer. That said, I usually update when my computer asks me to. So if I'm not fully updated, I think I'm close.

I was listening to music and my computer started skipping (like a cd would). Then it turned off by itself. Less than a minute later it started turning off and on by itself several times and then the screen turned blue.

I shut it down with the power button and powered it back up with the command and R button pressed and got to Disk Utility. I then hit Verify Disk and it said the Mac HD is okay. Then I hit verify permissions and repair disk permissions.

Now it says, Permissions Repair Complete.

I did all of this from web tutorials and have no idea what I'm doing. I actually don't even know if I'm posting this to the right group 😕

The tutorials were kind enough to get me this far but now what? Do I just shut down/restart? Some tutorial said something about opening in safe mode but I couldn't tell if it applied in this situation.

I would really appreciate some guidance here. I'm under a deadline and was _just about_ to start working when this happened!

Please help!

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Server, I'm not 100% on which OSX

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:48 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 12:45 AM in response to micaceleste

Perhaps we could start from a different point. Could you go to >>> http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck Download the program, run it, and copy or paste the results into a reply here. We could then assess your system and advise further.

You can check the version number of your OS by going to the Apple logo, top left, and in the drop down panel, press 'About this Mac'. I think it will be 10.6.Snow Leopard.

What's the next step in Disk Utility?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.