Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the latest version of OSX that I can purchase that is a full install (blank HDD) and not an upgrade?

What is the latest version of OSX that I can purchase that is a full install (blank HDD) and not an upgrade?

I originally purchased Snow Leopard, but lost the disk. Last week I was trying to upgrade to Maverick and the install froze...haven't been able to get back in since.

Thanks in advance.

iMac

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 4:36 PM

The newer of Mac OS X 10.6.3 and the computer's original OS(if this is 10.7 or newer, press the Option, Command, and R keys at startup). If you're lucky enough, you may find one of Apple's USB thumbdrive 10.7 installers on a site such as Amazon or eBay, but in all probability, it'll cost far more than the 10.6.3 DVD and any paid Mac App Store upgrade after that.

(127783)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 4:36 PM in response to Lnn949

The newer of Mac OS X 10.6.3 and the computer's original OS(if this is 10.7 or newer, press the Option, Command, and R keys at startup). If you're lucky enough, you may find one of Apple's USB thumbdrive 10.7 installers on a site such as Amazon or eBay, but in all probability, it'll cost far more than the 10.6.3 DVD and any paid Mac App Store upgrade after that.

(127783)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.