Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth or micro usb wireless?

Hi,

I've got a 2012 MBP running Yosemite and would like to hear of your experience with either bluetooth or micro usb wireless keyboard and mouse combo packages. Perhaps there are brands other than Apple that you like and are reliable.

Thanks,

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:56 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 7:09 PM in response to Kamaboko

If it's micro USB, then it's not wireless, right?

Unless you're looking for some exotic, specialized functionality, there's nothing better than Apple hardware - it's made to work with and take full advantage of the Mac OS. If you also use tablets and smartphones, I would suggest using the Magic Trackpad instead of a mouse.

Why, specifically, are you looking at external input devices, anyway? That info might be helpful in making recommendactions.

May 23, 2015 8:52 PM in response to Rysz

I want to hook up an external monitor to the MBP and would also like a wireless keyboard and mouse (bluetooth or wireless via a micro USB). Logitech makes a wireless that requires a small micro USB device. The keyboard and mouse connected via the USB. Look up Logitech K750 as an example. I've read a number of posts on Amazon from people using Mac bluetooth keyboards and mice. Some have had great experiences, while others have had terrible experiences. I just wanted to get input on this board. I'm not married to the notion that 'everything' has to be Apple. I've got a very nice LG monitor that works great with the MBP. No need to get a Cinema Display.

Bluetooth or micro usb wireless?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.