Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari does not work any more on the desktop

I am at a loss. Safari does not work at all on my mac desktop. The icon is there but clicking it does not do a thing. However it does still work on my ipad and iphone. Please help. Since I can't delete and reinstall what else is there to do without going into technical stuff.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.3.x), 27 inch late 2012

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:12 PM

8 replies

May 24, 2015 7:28 AM in response to tonyfromnarangba

Another possibility. Do a backup.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

safari does not work any more on the desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.