Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Blinks on TV LCD connected to MBP via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter

I am using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter to connect my Late 2011 MacBook Pro to a Denon AVR-X2100W A/V Receiver, which is connected via hdmi to a Vizio M370NV LED TV.

After trying 3 different adapters (a $35 Moshi Mini DP to HDMI Adapter, a $15 Monoprice Mini DP Thunderbolt to HDMI Active Adapter w/ Audio Support and a $5 Monoprice Mini DP to HMDI Adapter w/ Audio Support) the least expensive of the 3 got the picture to display on the TV and the audio to play through speakers connected to my receiver. The trouble is that the TV screen keeps flashing black for a few seconds every 6 seconds or so. I have switched out the hdmi cables and still have the same problem.

We have no problem successfully viewing content on the TV and hearing audio when connecting my boyfriend's Dell laptop to the receiver using the hdmi cable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Erin

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Late 2011; Proc: 2.5 GHz; Mem: 8 GB

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:19 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2015 2:03 PM in response to erinblythe

I'm running an early 2011 MBP into the same model Denon AVR-X2100 AV receiver.

I tried 2 different mini display port to HDMI cables, that work fine connected directly to my TV and other monitors, but experience the periodic flashing or other screen distortions as you describe.

No issues if I plug my MBP using the same cables directly into an HDMI connection on the TV.

Dificult to say if it’s the MPB or the Denon at fault here.

Jun 5, 2016 4:58 PM in response to erinblythe

I also have a Denon AVR-2100X that works perfectly with any HDMI source, but when I connect My MacBook Pro late 2012 it keeps blinking screen periodically, making it impossible to watch.

I have also an Apple TV, and a Apple Timecapsule, but I can't use Airplay to watch movies because even with all three Apple devices side-b-side the movie hangs. It appears Apple devices aren't able to stream movies.

My Macbook Pro also doesn't work with HDMI and my old LG Scarlet II 47 LCD TV. It just doesn't recognize the HDMI source.

ps.: All these problems don't occur when I use my work Dell laptop.

WILL APPLE give us an attention?

Screen Blinks on TV LCD connected to MBP via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.