Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 6 keeps turning on voice control automatically

I have a new iPhone 6 with IOS 8.3. I just got this phone 4 days ago as a replacement for one that was not even a month old and had broken. I am having issues with Siri and Voice Control coming on by itself and talking as well as dialing people in my contacts out of the blue. I noticed there was an issue with people using headphones, but I am not using anything. It started in the middle of the night when my phone was just sitting on the night stand. I tried disabling Siri. I also disabled voice dialing. I tried everything I could find except doing a restore. Im guessing this is a known issue and not just something that Ive experienced. Is there anything else I can try that might work?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:17 PM

4 replies

Jun 16, 2017 1:57 PM in response to kross11975

Hopefully you were able to get this problem resolved already, but just in case you haven't, the solution for me was very simple: use a wooden toothpick to clean lint out of the headphone jack. If the headphone plug does not go in all the way to the end of the jack, you'll get crosstalk between the audio output part of the plug and the mic part of the plug. When music plays, voice control or Siri thinks you're speaking and interrupts the music.

Jun 24, 2015 12:42 PM in response to kross11975

I had my phone wiped, the screen replaced and the entire phone replaced ... it is still happening, usually when I press the volume button once or even the command button once. SO ANNOYING! I deleted most of my apps thinking it was related to that.

I took my otterbox cover off ... it still happens intermittently.

No idea. Please help.

my iPhone 6 keeps turning on voice control automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.