Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer contacts to iphone

my iphone 5s died. completely. The screen stays black and when I try all of the recovery steps, including the factory restore, it fails. The screen does change slightly while the restore process is in progress, just gets a bit lighter black, but then itunes pops up an "unable to" message. At any rate, it's toast. I hit the usual issue which apparently most users encounter when trying to restore a backup to a new phone, in that the password doesn't work. For now, since I already have a replacement iphone, I'm using this one. I will not buy another new one because of the iphone limitations (no way to transfer phone contacts to the iphone from another bluetooth phone, no way to have an audible text alert if a headset is connected, and many other issues which mean the iphone really isn't ready for enterprise use). At this point, I'm just looking for an app that will allow me to import contacts (not from email). I don't care if I have to create a text file, spreadsheet, etc I just don't want to spend hours entering phone numbers and contact information manually one letter at a time on the tiny keyboard. I don't want to use email because I have many more phone contacts than email contacts, and I also don't call most of my email contacts. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on May 23, 2015 7:51 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 11:25 AM in response to unxrules

Where exactly would you be importing the contacts from if not from your iCloud or iTunes backup? That's the information we would need to see if there's an app that could be used to export it.

If it's from an iCloud backup and you've forgotten the password, go to My Apple ID and select Reset your password.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

transfer contacts to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.