Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security warning keeps popping up in Safari

I keep getting a security warning that pops up in Safari everytime I open it. I can't access Safari ever since I tried going to a particular website on my 4S.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:11 PM

11 replies

Jun 5, 2017 8:33 AM in response to smason84

I would change any relevant passwords for anything you use online or in your computer, including your login for your computer, email, billing companies, etc. You also need to remove any software that she might have installed that could give them future access. If you have credit card/bank info stored on your computer, keep an eye out and consider having those account numbers changed. As a precaution, check your credit history every six months or so to make sure there's been no unauthorized activity. Don't beat yourself up over it. Lesson learned! Just try to minimize/avoid the potential damage.

May 23, 2015 8:21 PM in response to Niel

Thanks for the quick response Niel. I just checked my settings and my Fraudulent Website Warning was already on. In Safari it says "Reported Phising Website Ahead" however, there is also a http://www.securitywarns.com Security Error. Call helpline 1-877-664-9639. Of course I won't go to the website (even if I could, but I can't since my Safari is locked on this page) or call the phone number. Any other suggestions? It appears to be a virus.

May 26, 2015 8:10 AM in response to evanburton8

What I did was to shut down my WIFI and Cellular connections on the iPad just to be safe. Then I did the steps listed in the link from the earlier post, I also had to clear the Browsing History. Doing this I was able to get the looping Security error to stop. I also called the phone number and had some fun with the people at that number who pretend to be a real Security outfit. They are not a Security firm, they are hacks trying to get access to your PC so they can install software and steal and cheat from you. Do Not Trust Them! They are only a pretend security company only out to hack your PC and do harm.

Aug 29, 2015 2:49 PM in response to GT350_R

I had the same warning appear on my screen 2 days ago. I called the number and they did gain access of my computer but the lady on the phone had me type in a code.... then my mouse was moving and she was in my computer. I then told her that I felt that it was not safe and I did not wish to go any further! I've scanned my Mac for viruses and it seems to be fine. She even said that it was a browser hijack! Please tell me I'm safe!!!

Security warning keeps popping up in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.