Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dust under my late 2013 iMac screen

The 2013 27' iMac -thin one but no retina display- has a design flaw. It lets dust creep in under the glass. One of my corners has dust and cannot be cleaned. I will not try to clean it myself or diy suction cup it. I called Apple and after an hour all they could tell me is take it to an Apple store. Wow thanks guys!!

So many people had issues with this and Apple just stands by and doesn't do a thing. I am so disappointed. When I initially purchased this iMac, I took it home to realize it had dead pixels, then took it back to the store. I had to wait another two weeks for the new one.

Now same thing. All those cab rides and time waiting... Apple has been nothing but disappointing, the customer service or tech support is useless so don't bother calling them, they will tell you to go to a store and pray for the best.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:32 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 8:48 PM in response to AsharaDayne

I'm certain that someone could clean the glass for you at the Apple Store, though there might (depending on the employee) be a nominal charge.

However, the screen is held down by magnets, and it's relatively easy to clean the glass yourself. Just realize that you'll need some suction cups (or sticky tape), and the glass isn't light. There are even some uTube videos on how to do it.

I can't do anything about dead pixels, however.

Dust under my late 2013 iMac screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.