Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext was not installed properly

Whenever I start my Mac mini I get an message that says "AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext was not installed properly. Reinstall or contact the vendor ..." I'm not sure what this does, as it does not seem to interfere with my operation, but I like to take care of error messages.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 5:19 PM

Open the Script Editor in the /Applications/AppleScript/ folder, copy and paste the entire following line into it, and press the Run button:

do shell script "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext" with administrator privileges

If it doesn’t work, choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu, provide /System/Library/Extensions/ as the path, throw the AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext item away, and reinstall iTunes.

(127785)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 5:19 PM in response to chrismatic

Open the Script Editor in the /Applications/AppleScript/ folder, copy and paste the entire following line into it, and press the Run button:

do shell script "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext" with administrator privileges

If it doesn’t work, choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu, provide /System/Library/Extensions/ as the path, throw the AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext item away, and reinstall iTunes.

(127785)

AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext was not installed properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.