Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question for Levels 1 to 4.

When replying to a question do you have the HTML button in screenshot .? Thank you.

User uploaded file

Posted on May 23, 2015 8:29 PM

21 replies

May 24, 2015 7:22 AM in response to Ethan7988

the four screenshots were all on a desktop imac. right now i am using puffin browser on ipad and do not have html or advanced editor options. it seems to have something to do with where i am replying from on the site if that makes sense. when i was talking to bob earlier i could not use html. when i followed his link to the question he asked, all of a sudden i have an html button and advanced editor options.

May 24, 2015 2:36 PM in response to 60D807

60D807 wrote:

Bob - from what I can tell, if I reply to anything while in the activity stream - No HTML or advanced editor regardless of the browser or device. If I venture outside of the activity stream, like I did when clicking on the link to your question for levels 1-4, when I reply i have an HTML button and advanced editor.

The Activity Stream is the culprit. If you reply from within the Activity Stream, there is no HTML option. This was pointed out to me by etresoft. I would have never noticed that on my own because I don't use the Activity Stream at all.

My apologies for thinking that you were jerking me around.

Question for Levels 1 to 4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.