Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run any windows program in my Mac?

Hi,

I just want to ask if possible to run any windows program like Cx-Programmer Software in my Mac?

Cx Programmer Software is a program used by Omron in the industrial automation environment.

I have read some blogs saying that it would be possible to run Windows based program using Parallels.

And if I will buy Parallels and want to switch to Windows, can I still use my existing MS office from my Mac?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Alwin

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:31 PM

1. Yes, but you may need to use Boot Camp for some programs.

2. Yes, you can. Parallels is an emulator to run multiple OSes at once; the computer's CPU and other resources are divided between them, and WIndows software which requires direct hardware access may not work.

(127797)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 10:31 PM in response to WinSG

1. Yes, but you may need to use Boot Camp for some programs.

2. Yes, you can. Parallels is an emulator to run multiple OSes at once; the computer's CPU and other resources are divided between them, and WIndows software which requires direct hardware access may not work.

(127797)

Can I run any windows program in my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.