Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would it be possible to send a data or signal from an external device connected through the Apple Watch's 6 pin port (where the band is connected)?

Hi, I am an industrial design student and have figured out that Apple Watch's 6 pin diagnostic port can be used for charging (where the band is connected, see http://techaeris.com/2015/05/04/charge-apple-watch-wear-reserve-strap/). However, I'm also curious if it would be possible to submit a data or signal from a device connected through the port. For instance, if there is an external microphone (if such a thing exists) for apple watch that can be connected through the port, can it possibly turn on an recording app that's in the watch? Thanks.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 24, 2015 1:00 AM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 11:34 AM in response to Dwiz0824

Hello Dwiz0824,

Did you figure this out or did you read about it in a blog? If so, don't believe everything you read. The only thing guaranteed about such a device is that it would void your warranty. Well, I guess that isn't entirely true. It is also guaranteed that you don't need said device because the whole rationale for it ("the fact that they often don’t last a full day on a single charge") is false. It is 2:34 pm on day 2 of my Apple Watch charge and I have 29% left.

Would it be possible to send a data or signal from an external device connected through the Apple Watch's 6 pin port (where the band is connected)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.