Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BEnt iPhone 6? warrenty?

Hey guys, I've got this iPhone 6 I've had for about 4 weeks, which I earned by resigning with my provider for 2 years and Paid a certain amount. I am someone who takes care of his thing mainly his phone, because I use it everyday at work and even more in my personnal life. It is my most used tool, yet I just found by checking at it that it was showing bending signs about at 1/4 of the phone starting from the top.I'm fairly careful with my devices. I've kept the iPhone in its case for almost the entire time I've owned it.My iPhone is one of my most used gadgets. It's constantly with me, in my pants pockets (front or back, I don't really discriminate), in my jacket pockets, or in my bag. I'm sure there are points where I have dropped my phone during everyday use, but none severe enough that I can pinpoint how this might have happened. IS there an apple warenty or something that would make my phone eligible for free repair or even a replacement, or it doesn't cover bending? I repeat the phone had no abusive usage the whole time I've had it.

Thank you for your help and comments

-Gab

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 23, 2015 9:17 PM

14 replies

May 23, 2015 10:04 PM in response to DaemG

If I remember my physics class correctly, objects do not bend without a force being applied to them :-)

Warranties do not cover accidents or intentional (or unintentional) abuse. Sorry.

If you have, however, purchased AppleCare+ protection for your phone, you can get it replaced for a nominal cost. Otherwise, you have to choose if you want to use it as is, or get it replaced with a refurbished unit by Apple At a much higher cost.

May 23, 2015 10:15 PM in response to DaemG

I insist on the fact that I am very careful with my phone, there isnt event a single scratch on the screen, yet I also believe that a phone doesn't bend in a pocket due to a normal usage . I've had purchased and extended care plan but which makes me pay some 200 for a new phone. but I am not willing to pay 200 $ for a phone that would rebend in my pocket ina month and then would have to repay another one. There must be something in the warranty. As like I said, no abuse at all on the phone. It shouldn't bend on a normal usage. at least not after 4 weeks.

May 23, 2015 11:01 PM in response to DaemG

DaemG wrote:

I insist on the fact that I am very careful with my phone,

Obviously you were not. Again, the warranty does NOT cover accidental damage or damage done by abuse. That would include exerting undue physical force that would cause the phone to bend. Please show me any warranty of any other phone that covers this.

Jun 26, 2015 10:29 PM in response to FelipeV

@DaemG..., wondering what the outcome was with your problem. I am currently looking to invest into a new phone. I use to own apple iPhone 5 but made the drastic mistake of trying out another brand of phone. I have other apple products and love em but heard that there are problems with bending in iPhone 6 and 6plus. Now before others try and talk to me about taking care of phone and all that crap trust me i buy the best cases money can buy cause of my work and in the past that has been sufficient enough to protect my past iphones. I am doing my research cause i do plan on dropping 1000 or so on a new phone so i just wondering if this is a design defect and if apple has fixed it or is it all a pile of B/S whats being said on the net. Now i know some of you smart guys are gonna say its an case by case basis but **** i always wonder if it really is; when there is overwhelming posts on the net about such an issue and especially how apple is handling these case by case basis.

Sep 13, 2015 5:01 PM in response to Mushim

Mushim wrote:

Apple will replace a bent iphone 6 I had mine replaced a few months ago with no hassle at all.

<Edited By Host>

Well good for you. Consider yourself lucky, smartarse. Thing is a bent iPhone is usually not covered by the warranty as it is usually caused by damage, and if you read the warranty carefully...well...you knew that before posting your answer to a 3 month old post. And in addition,as you have zero points, which is indicative that you have helped no one here, we must assume you are just trolling.

Here, have a medal. Goodbye.

BEnt iPhone 6? warrenty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.